You may use the Overdrive Media Console Transfer Wizard to transfer titles to your Apple device. Before attempting the transfer, please double check the following: Find out if you have the latest version of Overdrive by launching the OMC and selecting ‘Help About Overdrive Media Console…’
If you are currently using v3.1 or older, please upgrade to OMC v3.2. Next, the setting ‘Manually manage music…’ must be enabled in iTunes before you can complete the
transfer. Please adjust this setting by following the steps below:
- Connect your device to your computer.
- If it does not launch automatically, open iTunes (v184.108.40.206 or newer).
- In iTunes, locate your device in the left vertical navigation panel(under heading ‘Devices’), and click your device. The ‘Summary’ screen is displayed.
- If it is not already checked, place a check mark next to option ‘Manually manage music ‘.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button. The iTunes ‘Summary’ screen refreshes, and your changes are saved.
- If desired, close iTunes.
Once these steps have been completed, please refresh licenses fro the titles by following the steps below:
- From the library account, click download for this title.
- When the Get Media window for Overdrive Media Console opens, click OK. This will obtain a new copy of the license for the title and allow for further transfer attempts.
- After the above has been completed, attempt to download and transfer a title to the apple device.
Please email the library if you have any other questions.