Zoning Regulations

Please see our Zoning FAQ’s for answers to the most common zoning questions. 

Campbell County does not have county-wide zoning; however, most subdivisions have been zoned specifying how the land may be used. 

All zoned parcels are required to obtain a Zoning Certificate verifying a proposed structure or use of land is compatible with the assigned zoning classifications. You can download a Zoning Permit Application and submit it to our office M-F, 8 am to 5 pm. There are no fees for a Zoning Certificate. 

The Zoning Classification of a property affects what type of Building Permits are required. You can find out more by going to the Building Division homepage

To determine if a parcel of land is zoned, go to our County Zoning Information Web Map.

Once you have determined what Zoning District a parcel is in, you can view the zoning regulations by going to Chapter 7, Zoning Regulations. To better navigate the Zoning Regulations, go to Page 7-1, Section 1 ‘User Guide’; then go to Page 7-29 Section 10.15 ‘Interpretation of Regulations’. These two sections will help you determine what is, and what is not allowed in any Zoning District. 

New Major and Minor subdivisions must be zoned. To find out more about zoning and re-zoning, go to Page 7-46, Section 10.60 ‘Zoning Amendments’. View and download a Zoning Amendment Application.

Land development and zoning regulations are formulated based on the County’s Comprehensive Plan.

If you still need help, please call us at 307-682-1970, or if you prefer, you can email us with your questions. 

Zoning Information