Marriage Licenses

Issuance & Expiration

The County Clerk issues Wyoming marriage licenses which can be used anywhere in the State of Wyoming.
These licenses expire one year from the date issued.


  • Must be at least 18 years old
  • Ages 16 and 17 years old must have written parental consent
  • When either party is a minor, no license shall be granted without the verbal consent, if present, and written consent, if absent, of the father, mother, guardian or person having the care and control of the minor. Written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least one (1) competent witness. Identification of the person consenting to the marriage must be provided, and proof of custodial parent by court order or divorce decree may be required.
  • Must provide the following information for the bride and groom:
  • Date and State or Foreign Country of birth
  • Residence address
  • Social Security number
  • Parents' (mother and father) full legal names & State of birth
  • Mother's maiden name
  • Photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
  • Exact date the last marriage ended (by Divorce, Death, or Annulment) if this applies to either the bride or groom
  • Only the bride and groom need to apply for the license. No blood test or other medical information is required.
  • Fees: $30.00 Cash or Check/Money Order

Certified Copies

To obtain a certified copy of a marriage license, visit the Wyoming Department of Health Vital Records or contact our office.

Name Changes

For information on changing the name on your Social Security Card please contact the Social Security Office in Sheridan, WY at (866-530-7798) or (800-772-1213).

Download the Social Security Application