National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP)

Why do I need services?

In the United States 29% of the population, approximately 1 in 4 Americans, provide care to a loved one with multiple limitations. Caregiving for a loved one can have serious consequences.

  • 82% care for one person who is likely living with the caregiver or living within 20 minutes of the caregiver.
  • The average caregiver in America has spent 24.4 hours per week for at least 4 years, helping with activities such as bathing, dressing, housework, and managing finances.
  • 38% of caregivers report high emotional stress from the demands of caregiving.

From the National Alliance for Caregiving and the AARP

What services does NFCSP offer?

  • Information and Assistance - We provide current information and referrals on services available in Campbell County.
  • Personal Care - We are a Non-Medical facility, however we do staff professional and caring Certified Nursing Assistants that are able to assist with personal hygiene; such as bathing, grooming, and skin care.
  • Homemaking - Light cleaning of your home to keep you safe, or help with meal preparation.
  • Chore Service - Includes tasks that exceed light homemaking; like cleaning the refrigerator or oven.
  • Respite and Supplemental Services - Is offered to give the caregiver a much needed break from caregiving. We have resources designed to assist you as a personal caregiver,
  • Education and Training - Our In-Home Department staff are available to provide services in your home; a break from caregiving, light homemaking, personal care, cooking, respite, and limited chore service.
  • Support Group - Provides support through our monthly newsletters. The bi-monthly support group meeting provides an opportunity to connect with other caregivers. Support group is designed to stimulate conversation and ensure confidentiality to express personal feelings.

If you would like more information on our National Family Caregiver Support Program please contact the Campbell County Senior Center's In-Home Department and ask to speak to an Access Care Coordinator.