Water - Park Lifeguard Training
Pre - Course: The pre-course will be done by an appointment with Wanda.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using these strokes: Front Crawl using rhythmic breathing and Breaststroke.
- Swim 20 yards using Front Crawl or Breaststroke with your face out of the water.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 - 10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound brick, return to surface, swim 20 yards to the starting point with the brick and exit the water.
- Tread water 2 minutes using no hands.
Continuation of the class requires successful completion of the Pre-Course and full attendance to the class.
Place: Campbell County Recreation Center
If you are interested in the Lifeguard Training, please call 682-8527 and speak to Wanda. Once a class date is set, you will be notified.
PADI* Open Water SCUBA Course
The basics of scuba diving are taught by P.A.D.I. certified instructors from Western Divers in Casper. This class is fun and adventurous and participants must be in good health and at least 12 years of age. All equipment is provided.
Minimum Age: 12 years old
Date: September 28 - 30, October 12 - 14
- Friday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday (Pool) 8 a.m. - noon
- Saturday & Sunday (Classroom) 1 - 4 p.m.
To register, please call Western Divers at 1-800-303-0230 or visit www.westerndiversltd.com. All Scuba registrations must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of each certification.